What’s The Point?
Most companies reach a stage in their growth and development where they need high-level marketing strategy and planning but either don’t have the right skill set in-house or can’t support an engagement with a large consulting firm. Typical clients include…
– Funded start-ups that need strong positioning and messaging
– Middle-stage companies eager to achieve revenue growth
– Venture capital firms preparing to raise funds
– Companies in transition – ready to be acquired or seeking new market opportunities
– Companies seeking to build presence in North America
What’s your point of view?
1. How do I develop marketing infrastructure and strategy?
Market Positioning and Infrastructure Design
Choosing a market position with high potential and developing the correct messages are essential to any marketing plan. If this step goes wrong, the plan will fail. Using a straightforward but proven methodology, BluePoint has helped dozens of companies across various industries take this first step towards ultimate marketing success.
Positioning and Messaging: Develop compelling and differentiated positioning and messaging.
Marketing Plan: Write comprehensive marketing communications plans.
Infrastructure Development: Develop key messaging components like websites and sales materials.
Resource Planning: Organizational chart with clear definition of resources, roles and required qualifications.
2. I need a senior marketing resource, sometimes.
A Flexible Resource to Meet Your Needs
Many companies, especially at the early stage, cannot justify a full-time CMO, yet they still require high-level strategy and consulting to get off the ground and ensure they are preparing properly for future growth.
- Deep experience working with technology, healthcare and financial services companies around the world
- Full-time, part-time and periodic outsourced marketing consulting and management
- Multiple options for project-only and retainer-based clients
3. We are in transition and need to make sure we are positioned for success.
Milestone and Transition Management
Events in a company’s lifecycle like product launches, mergers and acquisitions can create high levels of stress on internal teams. BluePoint combines experienced strategic counsel with flexible resources to help companies navigate transitions and milestones effectively.
Acquisitions: Position companies for potential acquisition, develop and execute integration plan then manage internal and external communications.
Executive Transitions: Assume temporary marketing leadership, manage external communications and develop and implement ongoing marketing plan.
Governance and Reporting: Provide objective counsel on marketing performance and recommend course of action.
Organizational Consulting: Assess qualifications and performance of marketing function, develop staffing plan with job descriptions.
4. How do I know if our marketing is really working?
BluePoint has developed measurement and analysis protocols to uncover marketing opportunities and new areas for development.
Market Opportunities: Assess market potential, deliver recommendations on viability for new and existing products and services.
Competitive Analysis: Conduct competitive review to determine market opportunities and potential for differentiation.
Research: Formulate and manage qualitative and quantitative competitive and market viability research via electronic, phone and in-person surveys and focus groups.
5. We need a consultant who can help us create compelling fundraising materials.
Devising Your Pitch
BluePoint’s roots are in venture capital. The bulk of our work is in not only helping portfolio companies grow and thrive, but also helping venture capital firms develop successful marketing materials of their own. More than 90% of our referrals come from long-standing relationships with premier and pioneering venture capital partnerships.
- Marketing assessments as part of due diligence process
- Organizational consulting service to venture capital firms and their portfolio companies
- Growth, acquisition and development plans for companies in flux
- Fundraising material development for both venture capital firms and companies seeking funding
BluePoint Venture Marketing was founded in 2004 to provide outsourced marketing consulting and services for technology, healthcare and financial services companies around the world. BluePoint’s clients have included over 100 companies of all sizes, most headquartered in the US, but also companies in the U.K., France, Asia and the Middle East who seek to enter or build business in the U.S. market.
- Accelerate revenue and profit growth by clearly defining strategic market position and developing highly effective marketing/sales operations
- Devise new or burnish existing brands, build out marketing infrastructure, and create strategies to achieve key business objectives which may include new company launch, scaling sales and marketing, repositioning, developing strategic marketing plans or preparing for acquisition
- Unlike traditional agencies or consultants, the approach is to develop teams and build know-how WITHIN your organization and turn the reins over when it’s appropriate
- While every client’s starting point will always be with its founder, Alison Moore, BluePoint offers a robust virtual team of independent specialists that can be tapped to address specific marketing challenges including specific program implementation across direct marketing, PR, social media and events
Background on Alison Moore
- Founder and Managing Director, BluePoint Venture Marketing – Started BluePoint in 2004 to offer strategic consulting and outsourced marketing services to growing technology, healthcare and financial services companies
- Founder, Moore Communications – Sole proprietorship founded in 1994 to offer range of marketing services from high-level marketing strategy and planning to hands-on project management. Clients included Battery Ventures, IBM, H-P Medical Products Group, Harvard Community Health Plan, BladeLogic, Optiant and @stake
- Lotus Development Corporation – Managed $10 million advertising program for Lotus Notes, cc:Mail, and leading desktop software products
- Early agency experience managing client relationships and services at DeLamarter & Bennette (Advertising), Cipriani Kremer (Design) and Agnew, Carter, McCarthy (PR)